Common Pests – Termites
The queen of a certain termite species can lay 40,000 eggs per day. Liquid treatment is the most conventional method of termite control. This is effective in creating a treatment zone around your home, preventing termites from entering.
Quick tip prevention:
- Get rid of wood, cardboard debris and wood piles near the structure.
- Make sure there is proper ventilation in crawlspaces and basement.
- Reduce moisture buildup by keeping plants from coming into contact with outside walls.
- Do not allow wood or foam board to come into contact with soil.
- Make sure properly treated wood is used if wood must contact soil.
- Used lumber, furniture and other wooden articles should be carefully inspected for termite infestations.
- All windows, doors and vents, especially those in the attic, should be screened with 20 mesh screen to keep the reproductive insects from entering.
- Paint will give exposed wood protection against termite entry.
- Fill all cracks and crevices with putty or caulk before painting.
- Certain woods are naturally resistant to termite attacks. Among these are: heartwood of redwood, bald cypress, mahogany and Spanish cedar. Weathering, however, will reduce the resistance.
Our Clients Say it Best
We have used Inman-Murphy for termite service since 2001. They have always provided excellent customer service and worked with us around our residents’ schedule. Whether it’s after regular business hours, or on the weekend, they are responsive to our needs with a pleasant attitude.–Memphis Jewish Home & Rehab
Inman Murphy has protected our home and family for years. With their attention to detail, technicians identify potential problems and stop them before they result in costly repairs. From termites to spiders, we know Inman-Murphy’s is there for us.–Doug Force, Homeowner
The Memphis Zoo has been using the services of Inman-Murphy for our pest control needs for over four years. It is important to us that pest control not only be timely and effective, but that it also must be done carefully and safely, so it will pose no threat to our staff, animals, or visitors. We have been very pleased with the service we have received from Inman-Murphy and would recommend them highly.–James B. Jalenak , CAO, Memphis Zoo
Get Your Free Estimate
Discover how Inman-Murphy Pest Control can create a safer environment and help protect your property investment with a free on-site estimate.