One of the biggest factors that can lead to a pest infestation is excess moisture in a property. But where does excess moisture originate? Nearly 50% of the air in your household can flow upwards from a crawl space, which is why it’s so important to ensure this space is at normal humidity levels at all times. Professional crawl space moisture control services can help. While there are many methods to prevent moisture problems in your property, crawl space encapsulation is regarded as one of the most successful options.
Inman-Murphy, Inc. is proud to provide crawl space moisture control installation services to not only create a more comfortable living environment in your home, but also to help prevent pest problems year-round.
Why Crawl Space Moisture Control Is Important
Moisture is dangerous to any home precisely because it can build up from several sources unnoticed. The most common ways excess moisture problems start include the following.
- Plumbing leaks or leaks in the roof
- Spilled water from cooking, showering, washing dishes or clothes
- Broken or dysfunctional gutters, downspouts, or drains
- Flooding or sewer backup
- Damp basements, attics, and crawl spaces
As soon as you experience any of these problems or start to notice other moisture problems in the home, it’s time to contact the crawl space encapsulation installers at Inman-Murphy, Inc..
Need a Crawl Space Moisture Control Estimate?
Benefits of Crawl Space Moisture Control
Excess moisture in homes is extremely attractive to a number of pests who thrive on humid, moist environments to live and reproduce. But these services don’t just prevent pests. Some of the additional benefits of crawl space insect control includes:
- Improved air quality throughout the entire home, making for a more comfortable living environment
- Reduced risk of fungi or mold problems that contribute to structural damage
- Improved energy efficiency in the property
- Creation of an inhospitable environment for pests, specifically wood-destroying insects such as termites
Crawl Space Pest Control Services in Mid-South TN
Moisture attracts pests and can contribute to serious infestations if not controlled. If you think your home suffers from humid conditions, it’s time to consider your options before you have a pest problem. For more information on our ventilation systems and crawl space encapsulation, contact our specialists!Back to Residential Pest Control